CITY OF MARTINSBURG
FULL-TIME PLANNING DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The City of Martinsburg has an immediate opening for a full-time Planning Department Administrative Assistant.
Successful candidate will perform general administrative assistant duties requiring above average experience and/or training in computer programs, data entry and management, record keeping and operating various types of office equipment. Assists the public in obtaining information about city codes, application processes and Planning Department functions. Position requires a high degree of attention to detail, high level of trust, ability to work independently and be professionally compatible with other employees within the Planning Department as well as other City Departments.
Position provides administrative support to the Planning Department staff and assists in the administration of the standard operating procedures of the department. Applicant will prepare agendas, with supporting material, for all boards and commission meetings and may be required to attend up to three (3) evening meetings per month, including taking and transcribing meeting minutes. Duties also include scheduling appointments, composing and editing a variety of correspondence and researching property records.
Salary is a Grade 9-$32,235 annually with excellent benefit package. Application and full job description available at www.cityofmartinsburg.org. Please include resume with application submission. Application must be filed with the Human Resource Director, 232 N. Queen St., Martinsburg, WV 25401 no later than December 1, 2020. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA.
Brenda Spaulding, Human Resources Director
304-264-2131 ext. 255
Civil Service (Police and Fire)
FIRE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
NOTICE OF TESTING
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION AND
CERTIFIED LIST OF ELIGIBILITY FOR THE
POSITION OF FIREFIGHTER/EMT-BASIC IN
THE MARTINSBURG FIRE DEPARTMENT
Notice is hereby given that the Martinsburg Fire Civil Service Commission is accepting applications to test for the position of Firefighter/EMT-Basic in the Martinsburg Fire Department. The individuals that successfully satisfy all the requirements will remain on a list of eligible candidates for a period of three years in the event an opening does occur.
In order to be placed on the list of eligible candidates, an interested person must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application. (Copy of birth certificate MUST be submitted along with application).
- Secure from the City Recorder’s office, or online at cityofmartinsburg.org (employment section), an application for the position of Firefighter/EMT-Basic. Applications must be completed and returned to the City Recorder’s office no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, November 27, 2020
- Undergo and achieve a passing score on a physical agility test on Saturday, December 5, 2020. Failure to achieve a passing score will eliminate candidates from proceeding further through the process. Candidate MUST get clearance from physician to participate in physical agility test. Form is included with application.
- Undergo and achieve a passing score on a competitive written examination on Friday, December 4, 2020.
- Appear for appropriate oral interviews.
- Undergo a complete medical examination testing the applicant’s general physical condition in a manner prescribed by the Commission.
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. Copy MUST be submitted along with application.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Copy MUST be submitted along with application.
- Must obtain certification as an EMT-Basic by the WV Office of Emergency Medical Services within ninety (90) days of employment with the City of Martinsburg Fire Department. Individuals with a current EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Intermediate certification are encouraged to apply.
- Must live within 20 air miles of the Courthouse at the corner of S. Queen Street and W. King Street within 90 days following employment.
Anyone not meeting the above requirements, as set by the Fire Civil Service Commission, will not be placed on the list of eligible candidates.
The starting pay for Firefighter/EMT-Basic is $ 41,013 plus automatic overtime of $3,482 for a total salary of $44,495. Employees of the City of Martinsburg are offered a range of fringe benefits including; vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, health/life/vision and dental insurance benefits, longevity pay and fire pension plan, all of which the Firefighter is entitled to.
The City of Martinsburg reserves the right to amend date and/or location to remain in compliance with any COVID-19 guidelines in effect at the time of testing.
New hires that possess a current EMT-Paramedic through the West Virginia Office of Emergency Services or are certified elsewhere as an EMT-Paramedic and are able to obtain legal recognition as an EMT-Paramedic by the WV Office of Emergency Medical Services within ninety (90) days of first date of employment will receive a $3,000 sign-on bonus, with new hires being required to sign a minimum of two year commitment with the City.
MARTINSBURG FIRE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION EEO/AA. Women and Minorities encouraged to apply.
The City of Martinsburg is always accepting police and fire applications, which will be placed on the list for notification for the next test. There is no way to determine when that is, as we do not know when we may have turnover or when the current list of eligible candidates might be exhausted.
Please read excerpts to the right of the page from the Civil Service Rules and Regulations for further information on the testing process.
Applications can be emailed, mailed or dropped off in person to the address provided at the top of the application.
Gena Long, City Recorder
304-264-2131 ext. 273