CITY OF MARTINSBURG
The City of Martinsburg is accepting applications for the position of Full Time Cashier I. Position requires high school diploma or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as accounting, typing and data processing.
The successful candidate would perform clerical and computerized cashier duties, receive and process cash, checks and credit cards as payment forms, make proper change accurately and promptly, sort and open mail, utilize a multi-line switchboard to direct incoming phone calls and address citizen visits concerning City services and other duties as assigned. Position is responsible for other duties as assigned.
Strong customer service skills are required as well as the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Applicant must be able to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
The position is a pay grade 7 with a starting wage of $28,500 and includes an excellent benefit package.
Applications are available on the 2nd floor Cashier area at City Hall or online at www.cityofmartinsburg.org. Applications should be directed to the City of Martinsburg, HR Director, 232 N. Queen St., Martinsburg, WV 25401.Deadline for applications is no later than Friday, April 14, 2017. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA.
CITY OF MARTINSBURG
TEMPORARY SEASONAL PART TIME LABORERS
The City of Martinsburg is accepting applications for four (4) positions as Temporary Seasonal Part Time Laborers-Public Works. This temporary seasonal employment will be for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days. Pay rate is $10.00 per hour with no benefits. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Successful applicant will possess knowledge of small equipment and various common hand power tools. Candidate must be able to perform various labor tasks such as painting, mowing grass, trimming, cleaning culverts, brush removal and assist with other various labor duties. Work is outdoors in all types of weather.
Candidate must be able to work safely and be able to work positively with the public.
Applications should be filed with the HR Director, 232 N. Queen St., Martinsburg, WV 25401 or online at www.cityofmartinsburg.org no later than Friday, April 14, 2017. EEO/AA. Students meeting the requirements, women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Economic and Community Development Director
The City of Martinsburg, West Virginia, located in the heart of the Eastern Panhandle, is seeking an Economic and Community Development Director.
Reporting to the City Manager, the incumbent will facilitate, administer and promote Economic Development initiatives for the City of Martinsburg.
• Identify, source and foster economic and community development opportunities and strategies.
• Develop initiatives to attract, expand and retain business in order to further develop the community.
• Secure and administer funding for development plans and projects.
• Manage the public process dealing with development initiatives and maintains data tracking systems.
• Cultivate professional networks and promote the community to expand the general business footprint.
• Evaluate program/project effectiveness.
• Strong management and administration skills.
• Highly proficient level of computer skills to include producing market research, analysis, financial reports and presentations.
• Understanding of government processes, including the areas of fiscal knowledge, legislation and resources.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Public speaking and participation in community events.
• Time management, stress management, negotiation and mediation skills.
• Ability to present a positive and professional image of the City demonstrating integrity and strong ethics in the performance of assigned tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or Public Administration combined with two (2) years of experience. Certified Economic Development (CED) status desirable. Equivalencies will be considered.
Salary $65,000-$80,000 negotiable dependent on qualifications with a comprehensive benefit package.
Complete position summary and job description available at www.cityofmartinsburg.org
Position will remain open until filled with the initial review of candidates occurring on March 1, 2017.
Resumes submitted to:
City of Martinsburg
Attn: HR Director
PO Box 828
Martinsburg, WV 25402
EEO/AA. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Fire/EMS Applications (to test for Fire Civil Service, only)
General Applications (for ALL non-civil service, non-sworn positions)
Police Officer Applications ( to test for Police Civil Service, only)