DO I HAVE TO FEED THE METER IF I HAVE A DMV ISSUED DISABLED PLATE OR PLACARD?
YES. DMV issued disabled plates and placards may only be used in designated handicap spaces provided downtown. When using these spaces, any marked restrictions still apply (i.e. "Van only" or "2 hour limit.")
I WANT TO TAKE THE TRAIN. WHERE SHOULD I PARK?
The City of Martinsburg offers permits for the Caperton Train Station Parking Lot for those persons taking a short trip on the train.
HOW DO PARKING PERMITS WORK AND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
HOW DO I REPORT A BROKEN METER?
Broken meter procedures are as follows:
1. Call 304-264-2131 and speak to the cashier. Report the meter number (displayed on the meter) and the amount of money you inserted into the meter, and what happened when you inserted the coins. Or, you may report that the meter was non-functioning upon your arrival.
2. Move to a space with a functioning meter. A broken meter does not mean free parking, should the meter be fixed while your car is parked in the corresponding spot, you will be ticketed.
Please do NOT place a note on the meter. Do NOT wait until after you have recieved a ticket to report a non-functioning meter, you will be responsible for the ticket and any issued thereafter.
I RECIEVED AN INVOICE FOR $3.00. I PAID MY TICKET ABOUT A WEEK AFTER I GOT IT. WHY AM I GETTING BILLED?
Parking ticket fines are $2.00 IF paid in the first 48 hours. Afterwhich, the fine is $5.00 per ticket. Chances are, you paid the ticket after the 48 hour period, but neglected to include the increased amount. Please be aware that mailed payments are credited on the day they arrive, not the date postmarked. There are four drop-boxes in the City for collecting payment, or you can pay in person at City Hall.
Drop boxes are located:
- Drop boxes located in the following areas:
- Race Street beside of City Hall
- Inside the front door of City Hall
- Both corners of the 100 block of S. Queen St.